1. How to Raise Your Children as Best Friends: I was so grateful my sister was my best friend growing up and have been so blessed to watch our children grow up as each other's best friends. Jen Wilkin has a helpful reflection on how to cultivate that friendship.
2. Loving Out of Poverty: A beautiful reflection by Jason Johnson on how God sees the little foster and adoptive parents offer to God. " Our poverty then is no longer a source of shame, but rather the platform upon which the sufficiency and abundance of God can be made most visible - not only in the lives of the kids we are loving, but in our lives as well. It's the beautiful yet hard and vulnerable place that postures us the lowest, and makes Him the greatest."
3. Living the Victorious Christian Life: Michael Bird on what victory in Christ looks like, "Remember, when Jesus hung upon that cross, he did not feel victorious, he felt abandoned, he felt betrayed, he experienced the full extent of human misery. And yet that is where we are told God has won his victory, his triumph, where he conquered the world, the flesh, and the devil."
4. Schools Kill Creativity: this Ken Robinson TED talk has been watched over 45 million times and you should watch it too. I love his point that, because of our fear of being wrong, we grow out of creativity.
5. Spring arrives at Central Park: perfectly orchestrated breathtaking short video.
Photo credit: Joseph Gonzalez/Unsplash