1. 5 Christian Cliches That Need to Go: Matt Smethurst considers the issues of when we say, "When God closes a door, he opens a window, " "You're never more safe than when you're in God's will," Let go and let God," and others.
2. Why You Can't Have Friends Without Conflict: Eric Geiger on the cost of God-intended relationships: " We can live with the absence of conflict. Or we can live in relationships. We cannot have both friends and the absence of conflict. If we desire to be in community, we will have conflict."
3. Religiously Unaffiliated Surge in Latest Study: The so-called "Nones" continue to grow according to the General Social Survey. Aaron Earl reports: "What’s the largest religious group in America? For the first time in more than 30 years, it’s not Catholics or evangelicals. Evangelicals and Catholics remain slightly less than a quarter of the American population, and now so are the religiously unaffiliated."
4. In Their Own Words: Parents of Kids Who Think They are Trans Speak Out: These are heartbreaking stories from five anonymous moms. One shares, "Parents like me must remain anonymous to maintain our children’s privacy, and because we face legal repercussions if our names are revealed. Parents who do not support their child’s gender identity risk being reported to Child Protective Services and losing custody of their children. In New Jersey, the Department of Education officially encourages schools to report such parents. Meanwhile, the media glamorize and celebrate trans-identified children while ignoring stories like mine. I have written to well over 100 journalists, begging them to write about what is happening to kids. I wrote to my representative and senators, but have been ignored by their staff."
5. Pro-Life Letter Campaign: I plan on joining this grassroots letter campaign with letters going on July 2. You might want to consider doing so as well.
6. What Happens in an Internet Minute in 2019? Take note especially of the dramatic increase in Instagram and Netflix hours watched and those which have tailed off: Snapchat stands out.