1. Good Grace from God with Us: Gretchen Ronnevik on parenting, true and cheap grace: “I don’t need cheap, well-intentioned grace. I need the resurrection-power grace. I need the grace that never asks me to pretend I’m fine when I’m not. I need the grace that’s there when I have nothing left to give.”
2. Top 10 Discoveries in Biblical Archaeology in 2018: Gordon Govier reports on some fascinating discoveries including the possible signature of Isaiah the prophet and the seal ring of Pontius Pilate.
3. Christianity Today's 2018 Books of the Year: Solid list. A number on here I want to read including Russell Moore's A Storm Tossed Family, Rosaria Butterfield's The Gospel Comes with a House Key, and, two from friends of mine: Amy Julia Becker, and Matthew Kaemingk.
4. 2018: A Christian Music Review: I appreciate Jeremy Howard’s year-end reviews. I actually disagree quite a bit with Howard, but he always introduces me to new music and has a high regard for strong theology in Christian music, which I appreciate.
5. The Year I Met Jesus: The Best Year Yet: You’ll appreciate my friend Britt Greer’s reflection on snow in Tucson, and the year God brought her to himself, “Not only do we get perfect, graceful snowflakes from standing strong through those hardships but oh how those dark nights faithfully break into the most vibrant and colorful of days. This is our God.”
6. The Dark Before the Dawn: I love Andrew Peterson's music that is so rich lyrically. If you haven't listened to him before, this is a great place to start.
Photo by Express.com